Tuesday, January 22, 2008

What's Chris Working on?



Today I update works in progress. I have been working on and off on a cool knit-from-the-hood-down, hoody, from the new "Son of Stitch and Bitch" book... of course it is a men's design, and of course I have altered it a bit to fit me. I am making it the smallest size and shortening the length by about 2 inches, and it should be fine. The yarns used are a superwash stone colour wool, and one ball of left over Silk Garden (noro) for the stripe. I have never done a knit from the top down, but is is easy, increases instead of decreases through the raglan shaping.




The other is my next original pattern...



I wonder what this could be???
I have just ordered a bunch of cream coloured sock yarn, featured today on http://www.elann.com/ for less than $2.50 a ball. My knitting group are planning "an evening to dye for" which involves a bit of wine and a lot of dying of sock yarns. Pictures will surely be taken and posted!

No comments: