Thursday, November 19, 2009

Quick I-Cord Headband

I am growing my hair a bit longer, and have taken to putting it in a short ponytail when busy working on my stuff. I like the look of those skinny headbands, especially when worn in twos or threes. I bought some in the past but found they were SO tight, they slipped back and hurt my head! So I dove into my stash and found some leftover Esprit (cotton with lycra stretch) in black. The pattern is easy:

Yarn: stretchy worsted weight (suggested knit on 4.5mm needles)
Needles: two 4mm *double point needles* (or one size smaller to make a tight cord that still stretches)
Cast on 4 stitches: Knit across row. WITHOUT turning slide the stitches to the other end of the double point needle and starting again from that side, knit across row. Instructions for I-Cord knitting is HERE.
Repeat I-Cord stitch until the length is about one inch short of length to go around head (without stretching) then bind off and stitch ends together.
I will make a few more of these, in several colours. EASY!

2 comments:

Tracie Nall said...

Great idea! I am going to have to try this!

Anonymous said...

What a nifty pattern. Like all your stuff, creative, spunky and easy. What a star you are! Rgds Anne South Afarica