Thursday, August 11, 2011

New Shawl and Finished Sweater

I found this amazing pattern on Ravelry... It is a shawl that is knit in garter stitch in 15 stitch bands, and looks so cool knit in a self striping yarn. I thought it would be perfect for the Noro Aya yarn that arrived last week, so here is the start of the first band. Looks like lightning.



The pattern can be found here.... and shows the shawl in a really bright yarn. I can't wait to see the bands coming together and all the colours of this yarn... I will post more photos as I go along.



I have finished the Fleece Artist Mohair pullover and will try to post the easy pattern in a day or two. The summer is definately running away with my knitting and posting time. Lots of golf and visiting and extra working (covering vacation days for the office staff). I have been knitting, but small spurts and no time to write my posts. (sorry). Things should settle down in a couple of weeks, and I have a really interesting knitting project planned for September with a big, creative and unusual design commissioned by my favourite sister! Stay tuned.














No comments: