Original patterns, comments and works in progress, all from Chris' knitted world.
Thursday, June 14, 2012
The next step is shown here. I made a felt piece that used several shades of green for the leaves of the Art Project. I was thinking that some of the leaves will have really dark elements including a reverse side that is dark brown. I laid the wool fibers from dark to light.
One half has only light greens.
Here I am pouring the hot soapy water onto the loose fibers.
Rubbing and rolling for about 45 minutes, then hot and cold baths for about 30 more minutes. Then I cut the leaf shapes and laid them on the background.... I think they will really work well! You can also see the major tree branch that is growing up the project. It is a four stitch knit, with two yarns, one suede and one boucle. The result is very bark-like!
Here is the project with the photo of the project in the window.
I have started to embroider the leaves to give more detail, and then I will stitch them into place. Just the apples left to felt.