Monday, September 24, 2012

Next Pattern


So here is a peek at the next pattern.  I have finished it, but it may take a day or two to find the time to write the pattern.  It is a rib knit raglan in a silver grey yarn.  The yarn is from my inherited stash.  From my wonderful Aunt, who I miss.... Knitting her stash makes me feel close to her still, as will wearing this easy fit sweater.  I did not know what she had in mind for this yarn.  We often talked about her purchases, and what she would knit.  She was different from me.  She only bought yarn when she had a plan for it.  Her stash only had two full sweaters worth of yarn, and a bag full of left over balls. 

Below is a quick project, and a deviation from my normal routine.  It is CROCHETED!  I know, this is Chris KNITS in Niagara, but once in a while I want to test the old hooker in me. (ok to laugh, that WAS a purposeful pun)...  It is the pattern on page 21 of Debbie Bliss Fall/Winter magazine.  I used three balls of Noro Vintage colour 9, which is a bit thicker than the Shiraito in the pattern.  I used 4.5mm crochet hook. 
Here is the rib raglan lying on my deck in the early morning light....
We spent a few days in lovely Lewiston, N.Y.  We stayed at the historic Barton Hill Hotel, where they have a mix of old and new to make you feel like you have stepped back in time (but in a clean and modern way!)  Antique furnishings (but king size), huge rooms with high ceilings and barn board floors, modern bathroom fixtures.  Our room had 5 huge windows, and fireplace and antique light fixtures, (and flat screen TV).


We walked around the town, and had wonderful meals. 

No comments: