Monday, February 9, 2015

New and Improved Leather Gloves (cuff knitting pattern)


I have always found that my favourite leather gloves, with their soft and warm lining, still leave my wrists a bit chilly with a gap between my coat and the gloves.  I have so much leftover sock yarn, it became a quick and easy fix.  Since I "improved" my leather gloves, I LOVE them even more!


Leather glove CUFF pattern:

Yarn: any sock yarn.  less than 25 grams (half a skein).
Needles:  4 double points 2.25mm.  (gauge is not particularly important, these are really stretchy and that is what you want)  

Cast on 48 sts, divided between three needles (16 per needle).  Join without twisting.
Work k2, p2 ribbing for about 4 - 5 inches.
Cast off LOOSELY.
 With a needle and thread, turn the bottom edge of the gloves over so that the lining is showing.  Loosely and evenly (stretching a bit as you go) sew the cast on edge to the lining only (try not to catch the leather).  Flip back and prepare to have warm wrists!
Such a simple solution, I am surprised I did not think of this years ago.

2 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

I agree what a simple solution.....and great for the winter.

Unknown said...

So smart - and so smart looking!