Thursday, August 27, 2009

I have been busy knitting shawls and blankets, and planning the next projects...
One is this cardigan

from Vogue Knitting - fall 2009.
I want to make it from the Alpaca handspun from Lancaster. Here is the huge one pound skein on my swift, ready to wind into a ball. I expect it to take a few sessions of winding... and winding... and winding...

It has turned chilly again, and I have been in jeans and sweaters, I even put on socks and shoes (SHOES!)... the only good thing about all this is that my shawls and long sleeve sweaters and cardigans can come back out of the closet. It is always mixed feelings as fall approaches. Hopefully we have a few more jabs at summer before we set into it. The other good thing about fall is the Kitchener Waterloo Knitters Fair on Sept 12, 2009. I recommend this for anyone who can make it there... it is HUGE, with two big halls filled with knitting booths, yarn, patterns, kits and packed with knitters... what a rush.

No comments: