Monday, October 18, 2010

Silent Auction Coat Finished....

I finished the coat and decided I liked a hood in the chenille and hand made fish caned buttons.

The coat will be placed at a fundraiser dinner, Tuesday Oct 26, in the silent auction. Hopefully it raises some good bucks for Jane's trip to Nicaragua to teach quilting and bring hard to get supplies to women in need. If you live in the area (Niagara Peninsula, Ontario) please buy some tickets and bring a gang. I will be there!



Thanks go out to my knitting friend Jane, who graciously allowed me to raid her stash... the yarns are gorgeous.

****late addition***** this coat raised $180 for the Nicaragua Quilting trip!

1 comment:

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

You do beautiful work.
I love to knit, but like instant gratification.
Babies and toddlers are my bag. :0)
Hope they raise a bundle.