Thursday, January 14, 2010

Finished Blanket, and next Project

I finished the big blanket and it is AWESOME! I used lots of Noro and Colinette yarns, in black, purple, rose and blue. I had 10 skeins of Silk Mountain in black, and the rest are one or two or partial left over skeins from my stash... The pattern is easy. Here goes: Use extra long circular 6.o mm (US 10) needles (Addi are my favourites). Cast on 160 stitches, break yarn, leaving a 12 inch tail of yarn . Using a different yarn, start with a 12 inch tail, knit across the row, then break yarn with a 12 inch tail. Keep adding different yarns, sometimes use the same yarn 2 - 3 times in a row, but always start with a 12 inch strand dangling and finish withbreaking the yarn and leaving a strand. As you go along tie the new tail and last rows' tail in an overhand knot to secure. (this creates a fringe of all the different yarns. Mix the colours as you feel, and sometimes knit, sometimes purl.... totally random! Work until about 4.5 feet wide (should be about 6 feet long) or until any size you like!

I picked up some new yarn. It is a lovely rose colour with a shine and softness about it. Lustra, Berroco, wool and tencel. Knit on 4.5mm needles (US 7). I have 7 100gm skeins, and I have a sketch for a hoody button up cardigan.
And this is how it looks so far....






2 comments:

Crazycrafter said...

The blanket turned out so cool! I LOVE the color yarn that you are using for your cardigan!
Hannah

Anonymous said...

The Cardigan color is fabulous! Can hardly wait to see the finished garment.