Saturday, January 23, 2010

Newest Socks

OK, I am in a crazy sock mood... They are quick and mindless (for me) and since I am in overdrive with the sewing projects (check out my other blog if you don't know what I am talking about) I need easy, quick knits.
These are from my stash... Arabesque Superwash wool, worsted weight. I have several balls of several colours of this, and two 50 gram balls will make socks if the heel and toe are from other sources. The yarn, being 100% wool, needs a blend for the heel and toe and I have used leftover Patons Decor (and acrylic wool blend). This is important for the hard wearing areas of the sock. The pattern is my quick knit sock pattern. Easy easy easy. The pattern is knit with only one strand of this thicker yarn, but the needles and numbers stay the same.... Fast.

2 comments:

crazycrafter said...

Oh, I love the contrasting heels and toes on these! I am in a sock knitting mood too . . . am on my seventh pair since June! Blessings and happy knitting,
Hannah, age 12

crazycrafter said...

Just to let you know, I am reading your sewing blog but can't comment. If you don't mind me commenting about it here, I will do so, being Google-account-less. You are an amazing seamstress! Blessings,
Hannah