Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Socks done and doing...

I finished the softest socks in the world. They are knit with Alpaca Sox, purchased in Arizona at Bonnies Yarns in Carefree. I love the colours and the yarn makes fraternal twins (not completely identical). I wish you could reach through your monitor and feel this yarn. So soft. I hope this doesn't mean it wears out too quickly but I will keep you posted. Both socks are knit using my best sock pattern found HERE.

The other sock is a lovely hand dyed that I received for Christmas. I am doing this one on one circular needles (Addi 2.5mm). I love this way of knitting socks, there are no dropped needles and no dropped stitches. You work the sock in simple front and back sections instead of in thirds, so the math is simple.


1 comment:

crazycrafter said...

I love soft sock yarn! Also, the colorway of the last sock is pretty! Blessings,
Hannah, age 12