Saturday, May 18, 2013

Look at this...


I received this letter yesterday and was overwhelmed by the inspiring words.  I have so many requests from googlers who find the golf club covers, and do not knit, and just ask ME to knit for them..... "how much would your charge? " or, "please send me a set in purple and black..."  !!!!  I respond with a form letter that declines knitting for them (you could not afford me) and suggests they find someone who knits, and who LOVES them, buy them the yarn, print out the pattern, and THANK them for the hours of work!
Not only has Mary Ellen learned to knit, just for this pattern, she now knits them for everyone she knows.  You are amazing Mary Ellen.  Truly the soul of a knitter, selfless, creative, and inspiring.

I share with you her letter.....

Dear Chris,

In November 2012 I got a new golf bag and wanted headcovers so I searched the web. I saw yours and thought they were darling, and wanted to make them right away. Oh! A small pesky problem....I don't know how to knit!

My mother tried to teach me 50 years ago (I am 59) but she was left-handed and I simply could not follow her. Over the years I became an advanced quilter and needle worker, but never attempted knitting until I saw your headcovers because they are so darn cute. Mom is gone, so I jumped onto YouTube and searched knitting. I hit pause/rewind about a hundred times, but I "got it" enough to try.

Well, the rest is history. I have made myself and now seven friends full sets of your headcovers and have requests for more rolling in. I live in Florida and played all winter with snowbirdie friends from all over the north, including your Canada. Now the requests are coming in from Kentucky, Ohio, Tennessee, Connecticut, New Hampshire and Ontario!

I even knit while I play golf! When it is slow, I do a row to keep relaxed rather than getting annoyed at the slow pace. I can't thank you enough for your wonderful pattern and many hours of enjoyment.

Mary Ellen

No comments: