Monday, March 2, 2009

Knitting Delays....

Another reason that the knitting has stalled (besides Florida runaway golf adventures) is the ongoing improvement of CasaChris. The latest project is bathroom. Of course the renovations of kitchen and Living room were fabulously successful, and led me to look at the tired decor of main bathroom. These things often domino, and the momentum was there, so... I took it upon myself, as hubby was still hardwooding the hall upstairs, to remove the cabinet doors and hardware, and paint all the cabinets a lovely creamy white (primer and 2 coats of paint) then reassembled with new antique brown handles. Next came new flooring, tiles in sandy tones. Now I am painting the walls, a soft green grey. I still have second coat to do tomorrow so right now the room looks like this...
and this...

At the moment I am using the ladder as a towel rack.... works great. Still to come is tiling the step up to the whirlpool tub, and finding and installing a great new faucet. Then clean up and return the pictures to the walls and more photos to post here.... :)

No comments: