Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Cover Girl

I found some super clearance cotton, and started the cover pattern of the spring/summer Vogue Knitting. It is a circle cardigan, and features a medallion back and a separately added ring of cables and stitches in varying gauges.

Here is the center medallion (not yet blocked)

Not that difficult, but you need to read each row carefully and check off each one done(55 different rows, starting with 6 stitches and increasing in a circle to 192!) I started with double point needles and had to switch up to short circulars and then longer Addi circ's.

I had hit a low motivation doldrum moment as I finished the inukshuk (too warm to wear now) and had no cottons in my stash to start summer knits. I looked at some boucle wool in a beautiful brown, destined to be a winter cardigan, but lacked the wind in my sails to get started... This is perfect for the changing seasons.... Should only take a few more days to finish. :)

No comments: