Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Sewing Diversions

I have dusted off the sewing machine, and put together two skirts for spring. They are in the finishing stages, photos to follow, but in the meantime, check out this Sock Monster... hee hee...
I found this site, and was inspired by the goofyness of the results. Sometimes you just have to make something stupid for no reason at all.... maybe I'll make more too. Just google sock monsters for lots of inspirations.... I was digging through my fabric stash, and found some nice pieces tucked away. Enough for some capris and a top or two. Amazing what the economic times does to us. Trying to conserve and reuse and, well, use stuff we already have instead of buying new all the time. It did cause me to tidy up my sewing/knitting/crafting area in the basement. It now looks like this, and I finally got a new ironing board to put beside the sewing machine, instead of hauling the only one from two stories above down when I am sewing and running it back up when done. I don't know why I waited, I have an extra iron and the new board was on sale for $13 from Canadian Tire! Such an extravagance?!
The sweater is this far along..

No comments: