Thursday, April 2, 2009

Thursday Ramblings

The next project is planned, charted and started. The yarn is a wool-silk hand dyed by me a few weeks ago. This is a fine, summer weight, knit on 3.25mm needles. The plan is a button front cardigan with a scoop neck and short fitted sleeves, and ribbing on the lower half, and lace work on the upper....



So far so good, and it feels nice to the hands.

I have also picked up some new patterns to try some sewing projects for spring. Fabricland had Vogue patterns for $5.99, (regular over $30) and they are my favourite for real designer looks and construction. I picked up some skirts, pants and a dress pattern... I will post the results of sewing here too, if you knitters (only) will indulge me a bit. I am sure a lot of you multi-craft, so this may inspire you too to dust of the old sewing machine and hit the fabric sales. I actually have a few pieces in my fabric-stash to start the ball rolling :)

No comments: