Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Sock Monsters

I was searching the internet for sewing inspirations, and came across sock monkey and sock monster patterns and ideas last week.... this has consumed my mind and I have thrown a few together to get the feel of the craft. What I wil do with these items once complete, who knows, but for me as always the journey is more fun than the destination, and making these are a blast.
Here is the salvation of some lovely hand knit socks I made a year ago. These were from hand spun and hand dyed 100% wool, that was SO soft and looked great knit up. They felt even better on my feet, but alas, the yarn that was so soft, was also so delicate and wore through the heal in 5 wearings! Broke my heart, but I couldn't through them out, so they sat in my sock drawer, just to be caressed every few days.
Then this inspired monster! The hole was patched, then the heel became the mouth and the other parts sewn and stuffed and it is very soft and cute. Don't you think?

Here is another fun one. Frankensock.


And the last is my golf bag with my new club covers! Wood Hood pattern here!

1 comment:

Mother (Re)produces. said...

Just have to say, you make the coolest sock monkeys I've ever seen.