Thursday, March 21, 2013

Sheer Summer Beauty

I have swatched, washed and measured my gauge.  Now I am knitting the wonderful Americo Abrazos.  (2 skeins of J239, teal) I am working on 2.25mm needles.  Very tiny. Very fine. Very cool!
You can see how fine and sheer it is.
 You can see I have knit 5 inches in three days....
 Look at the lines of nubby cotton that appear at random in the fabric.
 Here is the tentative sketch of where I am going.  My swatch, after washing, had the stocking stitch edges doing a nice little roll at both ends.  This inspired me to incorporate that feature of this yarn in the bottom edges, and in the back.  It will feature cast off and cast on edges placed up the back to create rolled edge slices.  The front will have stitch increases to make a soft fullness at the neck which should fall in uneven folds.  The whole thing is so sheer, you would need a camisole under anyway.
This one will take quite a while to knit (even for me) so I will post progress as it happens.  I should have it done by the warm weather!

1 comment:

Heather Woollove said...

Oh, Chris...It's going to be glorious! I especially love the random little nubby bits. :)