Sunday, July 11, 2010

Knitting Update

I splurged on some new Noro Yarn... Sekku. It is a lace weight, cotton, wool, and silk, with the famous Noro striping. I am knitting on 3mm needles, in a mostly garter stitch with 30 stitches across. The plan is to make lots of 4 inch wide lengths and attach them together to form a rectangular shawl that is lacey and light and has lots of squarish chunks of colours. One length completed so far. When the yarn changes to a new colour, I do a row of knit one, yarn over, repeat, followed by a knit one, drop the yarn over repeat on the next row. Easy pattern... knit along with me!

The other thing in the works is a Debbie Bliss Alpaca DK in teal cardigan. It will be short sleeved as I only have ten balls left over from last years Needle Emporium tent sale. I really have to use up the last bits of yarn, because there is this years' tent sale coming in August!!! I need to make room for joyous goodies of the fibre persuation!
Check out my sewing blog, you will see I have been busy with lots of stuff there too!

No comments: