Wednesday, March 13, 2013

Bird House

So I made a felted bird house.  It was my first one, and it worked out quite well.  But to be sure, I let Aspen do the home inspection.  At first she was not sure.  It felt nice under her feet and the opening looked just right....

 She looked back at me to see if it was safe to enter....
 In she went....
 See how cute I am looking out the opening?
 After a bit of a struggle to get her out of the soft new home, I hung it outside from the tree, just outside my window.  I am hoping to find a new resident there soon, and have a great view of the comings and goings of the new neighbour.
 This is an easy felting project and looks cool hanging from the tree!

5 comments:

Gill - That British Woman said...

what a neat bird house. Will it stand up to the elements alright though?

Gill

chris said...

I put it outside to see... It is really thick felt (6 layers of roving, hand felted together). The issue may be birds trying to pull the wool off it. I will see as the weeks go by!
Fingers crossed!
Chris

My name WAS Female, I shit you not! said...

Cute pics and awesome birdhouse made even more awesome if birds are able to raise a brood in it this summer. (((hugs)))

Unknown said...

I feel so very sad for Aspen. Shouldn't she have the first felted bird house?

chris said...

I would LOVE to give it to Aspen, but this would cause her to lay eggs (in the hopes of attracting a mate)). She would become less social and more angry (with me). Best to keep enclosed nest out of her cage.
I love the photos of her in the nest.