Thursday, September 12, 2013

My Italian Villa

For the last few months, I have been working on a painting. It is an acrylic on canvas, based on a lovely photo of a friends family home in Italy.  The photo has been the desktop photo on my computer, and I have zoomed in to each section to get the details into the canvas.  I presented it to my friend today and she was pleased.  It is being framed now.
It is a large piece, 4 feet by 2 feet.  Perfect for over the sofa.

 The bricks on the old farm house were so cool to paint.  The black holes were left over after the scaffolding(wood posts) that was built into the wall as it was constructed, were removed.
 The property sloped down the side of the hill...  Small villages are seen in the background, surrounding the local churches.
 Chickens in the yard...
 Sheep in the lower yard...
And the original photo.  Beautiful.
I will miss her.... ciao bella

No comments: