Saturday, April 5, 2008

Priceless!

16 balls of Elann Esprit: $35
Bamboo Cable needle: $5
Mastering a Vogue Knitting
"Experienced" pattern: Priceless!


The Cape Collar Jacket is well underway, and the complicated shaping of the left front done. I have the right front and second sleeve to complete, and I feel the momentum increasing. I love that final sprint to the finish line, very little can draw me away from the project at this point, especially when I love the look of the design and the details of the stitches. This one is from Vogue Knitting Winter 2007/08, Number 16.
The yarn is a lovely cotton with elastic stretch, and this gives the cables stability and unlike a lot of cottons, won't stretch with its own weight or with washing. Unfortunately, Elann seems to have disco'd the yarn.
I got my new Vogue Knitting, Spring/Summer 2008 issue, and am completely captivated by 29, the Lace and Cable Top.
I like the side to side construction on the top half, with the pick-up-and-knit-down bottom half. Seems very clever. This one WILL be in my coming attractions.

No comments: