Sunday, April 6, 2008

Beading and Netting

I found some really cool beads at Walmart. (sometimes they can surprise me!). Just look at the funky shape, kind of like teeth carved out of pearly gray and black stones. I made a necklace by spacing the teeth between 2 irregular black beads. I made the matching bracelet with elastic thread, and using the few teeth that had 2 sets of holes drilled, top and bottom, and separating by a metalic copper bead from my bead stash. Exciting stuff for $8.



The Mesh Cap sweater has also been completed, and of course it has been modified due to a lack of sufficient yarn, so I left it with just a one inch ribbing edge to the neck, and now I can wear it as a scoop neck or pull it a bit off the shoulder for a more intriquing look... Wearing the new necklace and bracelet in this photo. And LOOK, all the snow is gone outside!! Our golf course opens next week!

2 comments:

MonkeyGurrrrrl said...

y'know, looking back at the original pattern picture, I like it MUCH better the way you chose to finish it.

chris said...

Thanks! Sometimes the yarn dictates how it will turn out, and it can even be better!