Sunday, May 25, 2008

Sunday Ramblings

Picked up a great, funny book in Maui at Borders. Always an advantage to shop US stores as books have the US and CAN prices carved into the covers and for some reason, publishers still put a 30% surcharge on the CAN price, even though the Canadian Loonie and the US greenback are mostly par.... curious. So I buy books whenever I am in the US.



This book, Drunk, Divorced and Covered in Cat Hair, was found in the Knitting Books section at Borders, and had me laughing all the way through. Laurie Perry (aka Crazy Aunt Purl) has a charming ditty about the unravelling of her marriage and the subsequent discovery of knitting and her new life as a single girl in California. Worth a read, and worth checking out her website. There are also a bunch of knitting patterns in the back of the book, from some easy scarves and hats, to a really cute devil baby blanket (perfect for the baby shower you would like to shake up) and some great purses.


I have been plugging away at the silk hoody and have the front, back and one sleeve done. I still need the second sleeve, hood and perhaps a front pouch if I choose to do an authentic hoody...

Found this lovely cartoon out there on the world wide web and it sums up my life.... the only thing I may add would be that a clean house is also a sign of a seriously low stash....

No comments: