Thursday, June 26, 2008

Thursday Stuff...

I finished the shrug, and dampened to block. When I tried it on after drying, it fits perfectly. I like that the back dip well down my back, so that it looks more like a cropped cardi' than a shrug with minimal shaping. I even posed with it on my deck swing, even though it is very hot and humid today.





I also have a photo of the newest 'bird' to venture to our bird feeder. My husband got a bird feeder for the park across the street in the hopes of luring the sparrows that make such a racket on the eves trough above our bedroom window at dawn. He fills it at night in the dark and all the birds are busy around it first thing in the morning.... it works to reduce the noise! So the small birds knock the larger seeds to the ground and the bigger birds peck at the grass for the loose seeds. We have had red wing blackbirds and morning doves and rabbits and squirrels and even a goose visit. But the other morning we were up at 6:30 for golf and we saw this...






A wild turkey. He flew in and shooed away all the other critters and birds and started feasting on the dropped seeds. I have never seen one, much less in our rather well developed neighbourhood!

No comments: